Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Excuse me,

but could we postpone Easter?

Last year my bike and I went to Paderborn and did some sightseeing and cycling there and in the area – and ended it by watching the season opener of the Paderborn Untouchables.

This year baseball season doesn’t start til the first weekend of April. So I have a four day weekend with nothing to do. I’m saving up for my Bildungsurlaub, going away for the long weekends in May as well as a four or five day weekend in June, my October holiday and also my extended end of the year trip so, I won’t be spending much money for hotels this weekend other than possibly one night in either Frankfurt or Cologne.

Not to mention the fact that the weather is going to be atrocious - which rules out cycling and other outdoor activities.


For those that don’t know, Good Friday is a public holiday here and we also have Easter Monday off (but I have no idea why). So everything is closed on Friday, open on Saturday and closed on both Sunday and Monday. Not even the castles I haven’t visited will be open (they don’t open til April).

However, if we could move Easter back to the first weekend of April, I’d be able to attend a few baseball games to occupy my time rather being bored into a coma. So, if it’s not too much of an inconvenience, could we do so?

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

2 Comments:

LOL! Let me know if Easter agrees with you. I'd like it moved back as well. :)

By Blogger Maria, at Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:23:00 PM  

There's easter egg painting and hunt up in Duesseldorf this weekend.

Come on, admit, it sounds tempting, doesn't it!?!?! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 21, 2008 12:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment